Perform a variety of master-level rough and finish carpentry, mill work, cabinetry, and other tasks required to repair, alter, construct or reconstruct, install and maintain structures and furnishings. Train and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other carpenters. Provide input regarding the work performance of carpenters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Knowledge and experience in framing, including stairs, walls and roof systems.
• Knowledge and experience in drywall installation and finishing.
• Knowledge and experience in installing interior trim (baseboard, moldings, & casings), flooring, built-ins and cabinets.
• Primes materials and paints.
• Works with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Reports material inventory needs to foreman in a timely and responsible manner.
• Anticipate the impact of your work on all trades and the next step in the building process, up through the final product. Proactively communicate related issues to appropriate personnel.
• Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and other appropriate equipment to ensure everything is level, plumb and set at desired elevations.
• Assists in training of other workers.
• Understand and meet task goals as they relate to budget, schedule and quality requirements
• Keeps immediate work area clean and completes exterior pick up and interior sweeping/tidying.
• Participates in continuing education/other training as necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, standards and techniques used in skilled carpentry work.
• Knows and understands all corporate safety policies and procedures. Follows established safety rules and regulations. Reports safety issues immediately to foreman.
• Proactively makes suggestions to increase efficiency and safety on the job site.
• Uses all power equipment according to accepted usage standards.
• Keeps all company vehicles clean and reports any mechanical or maintenance issues to Foreman.
• Demonstrates willingness to receive criticism and makes efforts to improve.
• Interacts with co-workers, clients, vendors, etc. with professionalism.
• Clean and professional appearance at all times. See “Personal Appearance” Policy in Employee Manual.
• Manages time wisely.
• Seeks guidance and information when necessary.
• Possesses basic tools as per Employee Manual
• Shows up to work on time.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED and five to seven (5-7) years of experience in the trade.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
• This is a Full time position.
• Days and hours of work are Monday to Friday 7:00am-3:30pm.
Housewright Construction Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic.