In 1947, Lou Bressett, a recently discharged Marine, bought a failing restaurant on Main Street in Hanover and named it "Lou’s.” Seventy years later, Lou's Restaurant & Bakery is going strong. Lou retired in 1980, and current owners, Toby & Pattie Fried, have been this downtown destination's caretakers in 1992, celebrating their own 25th anniversary milestone.
The Frieds want to invite their many customers and friends to help them celebrate both Lou's 70th anniversary and their own 25th with an open house on Saturday, September 9 from 9 AM to 2 PM.
There will be complimentary donuts, cake and ice cream. Guests who show up in their favorite Lou's T shirt or cap will receive a commemorative mug.